Our newest shop will be opening at U Village this fall! We'll be moving into the currently-under-construction south building of Seattle's favorite retail mecca. At this point we're eyeing a November open date, so I'll keep you posted on our progress!
So what makes this special?
- Instead of wood floors we're using ... wait for it ... tile.
- This shop opens at 11 a.m. - that's a whole extra hour of ice cream access compared to the Wallingford, Capitol Hill and Queen Anne shops.
- Let's be real, November is a weird time to open an ice cream shop in Seattle. Weird, special … same diff.
- In the last five years, 25 (ish) new ice cream shops have opened in Seattle. (You win a prize if you can guess what special thing happened five years ago that kicked off this whole artisan ice cream craze.)
- This Molly Moon's shop will have the same old commitment to creating living-wage jobs and offering 100% paid health and dental insurance for employees.
- Like all the other shops, this one will also use only 100% compostable products and make delicious ice cream on site with 90% of ingredients coming from the Pacific Northwest.
- This is not the first ice cream shop at U Village, but it is currently the only one. It's also the cutest … ever.