This position is a 30 to 40 hour per week position at Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream. Each Truck Driver is responsible for the overall look, feel, and quality of the customer experience at the MM’s Truck and is expected to work 4 to 5 shifts per week as a driver/scooper including one Friday, Saturday or Sunday night shift. Truck Drivers report to the Operations Manager. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the items below:
Driving & Logistical Responsibilities
• Each shift will include picking up the truck at the beginning of the day or parking and locking it for the night. Night spot will likely be on Capitol Hill.
• Each shift will likely include filling the truck with Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) in Georgetown. This task will be figured into your route for the day.
• At the beginning of each shift, stock the truck for the day with ice cream tubs, toppings, and ice cream sandwiches
• Drive truck along predetermined routes and through assigned neighborhoods to arrive at scheduled destinations promptly. Stop for customers as needed.
• Drive the truck to scheduled events in the evenings.
• Obey all traffic laws and any additional Molly Moon’s driving safety procedures
Customer Service & Scooping Responsibilities
• Greet every customer before they make their order
• Scoop scoops and make sundaes with love
• Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines with care
• Keep truck interior and exterior inviting and clean at all times
• Wash utensils throughout your shift
• Run register; follow Molly Moon’s cash handling procedures
• Contribute to Molly Moon’s goals for increasing sales and creating loyal customers (i.e. ice cream addicts!)
• Thank every customer
Cash Handling/Bookkeeping Responsibilities
• Stock the truck’s register and backup bank at the beginning of each shift
• Fill out till sheets at the end of each shift at the Capitol Hill shop
Truck Driver Qualifications
• Like kids, have great communication skills and a professional, friendly attitude
• Have retail or client/customer service experience
• Be tech savvy enough to use excel, an iphone, a GPS device, a mobile credit card processor, etc.
• Proven problem solving capabilities are a must!
• Be over 18 in order to work some late nights. We’re on the road till 11 every night
• Have a GREAT driving record & be comfortable driving a 16’ long truck (it’s like a small fedex truck)
• Good grades and/or volunteer work or community involvement experience a huge plus
Truck Driver Compensation
• Starting wage between $12 & $14 + tips with incremental, merit based raises
• Health insurance for those who work 25+ hours/week for 60 days
• As much ice cream as you can eat
• Career advancement possibilities abound in our growing company!
Applications should include a current resume and a letter of intent. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org